Calendar of Events
First Kids Stuff
First & Third Mondays
• Rainbow Girls meeting at 210 S. Columbus. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. open to the public with meeting following. (509) 773-4567
• Community Grace Brethren Church has an AWANA program for children 4th to 6th grade from 2-3:45 p.m.
• Art Time: an afterschool program for tweens and teens, 2:30 p.m. at the Goldendale Community Library.
First and Third Fridays
• Goldendale moms group/play group from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Goldendale Community Grace Brethren Church. For more information, call Jennifer at (503) 703-1330.
• Narcotics Anonymous meeting in Wishram from 3-4 p.m. at 425 Main St ., across from the post office. Newcomers welcome.
Mondays thru Fridays
• Narcotics Anonymous, 7 p.m ., Monday thru Friday at Father’s House Fellowship, 207 S. Klickitat in Goldendale.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (T.O.P.S.) meets in the Riverview Bank meeting room at 9 a.m. For more information, call (509) 773-5878
• Klickitat County Republicans meet at 6pm rotating locations East, Central and West county. For more information call Peter at 541 490 9396
• Diabetes Support Group meets at 6 p.m. at the Goldendale Community Library. Free, volunteer-run, informal. For more information call Marge at (541) 965-0655.
• Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group at the Goldendale Senior Center, located at 115 E. Main, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
• T.O.P.S. (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meets from 6-7 p.m. at the Riverview Bank in Goldendale. Phone (509) 773-5878.
• Goldendale Community Support Group for School Food. Anyone interested in the quality of food our public school students get. Meet at the Goldendale United Methodist Church at 6:30 p.m.
• Klickitat County Drug Awareness Team meeting at Pete’s Pizza from noon to 1 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Relationship Abuse Prevention Program, noon to 1 p.m. at Pete’s Pizza.
• American Legion meeting, 7 p.m. at the Legion building, 108 N. Grant.
• Book Talk book discussion groups for adults at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the Goldendale Community Library, 131 W. Burgen. (509) 773-4487.
• A.B.A.T.E. Legislative motorcycle rights organization 6:30 p.m. social, meeting at 7 p.m. at the Goldendale American Legion. Open to public.
• Klickitat Republicans meet at 6:15 p.m. at the Dallesport Community Center. Kcrp.net
First and Third Tuesdays
• Leah Rebekah Lodge 22 at Odd Fellows Lodge, 301 NW Second Street, 7:30 p.m.
Second and Fourth Tuesdays
• International Order of Oddfellows meeting at 8 p.m. at the Goldendale Oddfellows Lodge.
• Kiwanis meets at 7 a.m. at the Simcoe Cafe in Goldendale.
• Masonic Lodge, 210 S. Columbus. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. open to the public with meeting following. For more information, visit goldendalefreemasons.org or call (509) 773-5785.
• Mid-Columbia Public safety Activity League (MCPAL) meeting at various locations. For more information, call LeAndra (509) 250-0539.
First and Third Fridays
• Java Talk, community discussion group, 8 a.m. Golden Chinook Coffee House, W. Main Street, Goldendale first and third Fridays.
• Grief Seminar 10:30 a.m. at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, 815 North Columbus Avenue. January 28 through April 22, 2017. Topic for January 28: “Are These Grief Feelings Normal?” Info at 509-773-1959.
Hobbies and Crafts
• Goldendale Photo Club meets at 6 p.m. at Golden Photo, 105 W. Main. Anyone with a passion for photography welcome. (509) 772-2717.
• Bowman Creek Fiber Arts Guild meeting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the basement of the Goldendale Grange. Spinners and weavers welcome
• Yarn Benders meets from 10 a.m. to noon at Golden Chinook Coffee. Open to all who knit or crochet—from beginners to experts
Animals and Outdoor
• Klickitat County Search and Rescue general meeting and training at 6:30 p.m. at the KPUD meeting room. (509) 773-4455.
• Goldendale Motorsports Association meeting at the American Legion, at 6 p.m. for dinner, meeting at 7 p.m.
• Columbia Basin Goat Guild class. Contact Mary to register for more information, (509) 261-1991.
• Sorting Practice at BC Mello arena—by reservation only. 176 Horseshoe Bend Road, Goldendale. (509) 250-0726
• Trout Unlimited meets at 6 p.m. in the Columbia Bank meeting room in Goldendale
• Columbia Basin Goat Guild meeting at 2 p.m. Open to anyone interested in or has goats (509) 261-1991.
Tuesday and Thursdays
• Family History Center, located at the corner of N. Columbus and McKinley is open Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m ., Wednesday from 1-4 p.m. and 6:30-8:30 p.m. Ancestry.com plus more. Appointments available outside these hours. Open to the public. (509) 250-3095
Second and Fourth Tuesdays
• Simcoe Chapter of Toastmasters meets at noon at Christ the King Lutheran Church.
For the Guys
• Men’s breakfast at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, located at 815 N. Columbus, at 8 a.m. (509) 773-5075.
• Men’s breakfast at Community Grace Brethren Church, located at 1180 S. Roosevelt at 8 a.m. (509) 773-3388.
Second and Fourth Saturdays
• Men’s Breakfast at Goldendale Nazarene Church, located at 124 W. Allyn at 8 a.m..
For the Ladies
< strong> First Saturday
• Goldendale Aglow meets at 10 a.m. for fellowship meeting at Ayutla’s (509) 773-0496.
• Order of Eastern Star No. 1 Evergreen meeting at 7:30 at the Goldendale Masonic Lodge 210 S. Columbus.
< strong> Fourth Wednesday
• Order of Eastern Star No. 1 Evergreen Dinner at 6:30 p.m. open to the public with meeting following at 7:30 at the Goldendale Masonic Lodge 210 S. Columbus.
• Back Pack for Kids Program Come join us Tuesday from 5-7 p.m. at Christ the King Lutheran Church 104 Simcoe Dr. in Goldendale for Pancake Supper and Silent Auction. Donations go to support the Backpack for Kids Program.
• Goldendale Library 1pm to 5pm Computer classes offered by the Library. Free 30-minute sessions of individual instruction. Call the library to reserve a spot or for more information, 773-4487.
• Hey Ladies! Ladies Night Out Paint Nite Looking for something fun to do with your friends? Celebrate Women's Heart Health Awareness and join us for our first annual Ladies Night Out Paint Nite here at KVH on Friday, February 24th at 6 p.m. Enjoy a great evening of painting, Maryhill wine, desserts, chair massages and a photo booth! Tickets are $20 and space is limited! Call Barb at 509.773.1006 to register. Be sure to 'Like' and 'Share.'
• 4th Annual Healthy Teen Relationship Summit 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Columbia Community College in The Dalles, OR.
• Free Saturday Family Movies at Columbia Cinemas. Movie starts at 10:00 a.m ., doors open at 9:15 a.m. YouthThink will be collecting canned food donations. Feb 25 The Angry Birds Movie.
• Goldendale Library 5pm Brick Love: Calling all TFOL (Teen Fans of Lego) Enjoy pizza, a Lego documentary about the global brick culture, followed by a brick build!
• Grief Seminar 10:30 a.m. at the Columbus Baptist Church 815 N Columbus Ave. This week’s topic is “Coping Mechanisms.” Please call 509.773.1959 for more information.
• Turkey Dinner and Floor Show to benefit the 2017 optometric mission to Laos. Please com join the team that will be going to Laos as they host a turkey dinner at 6 p.m. with live entertainment by “Harmony of the Gorge” Sweet Adeline’s Chorus. Transportation provided by Ogden’s Mopar Service.
• Brick Love: Calling all TFOL (Teen Fans of Lego) Come join us at the Goldendale Library at 5 p.m. for pizza, a Lego documentary about the global brick culture and a brick build!
• Lyle Lions Club meeting at 2:00 pm. following Senior meals. Lyle Lions Community Ctr. Corner of Hwy 14 & 5th St. Public is welcome.
• The Second Annual Dine n' Dash is hosted by Klickitat Valley Health in beautiful Goldendale, Washington. This Family-friendly event features a 1 mile kids' course, 5k run/walk, 10k run/walk, runner awards, kids' prizes and a hearty breakfast! The event begins at 9 a.m. with the kid’s course, adult 5k/10k to follow. Enjoy a mad dash through the beautiful eastern Washington landscape, in the shadow of Mt. Adams, and dine on a hearty breakfast when you are done! Tickets include breakfast. Family rate is for as many people as you want as long as you live in the same household. Meal tickets are available for those attending in support of participants
• National Wild Turkey Federation Banquet Buy tickets online to reserve your spot at this year's Banquet which is held at the American Legion on Saturday, April 1st, 2017 contact Mike Kallio at email@example.com or 509.250.6023 for more information. Goldendale Legion Hall 108 N Grant St Goldendale, WA 98620
• Maryhill Winery Spring Release Weekend - Saturday April 22, 2017 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Location: Maryhill Winery Be among the first to enjoy newly released wines available for tasting and special offers, April 22-23. Live music performances to be announced.
• The Oregon Trail Rally race is returning to the Goldendale area! This year's event will be on Sunday, April 23 and again include world class drivers on Maryhill Loops and Dalles Mountain Road as well as other routes around the county. The Team Subaru-produced video of the 2016 event can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrSEUJ2F_gg For 2017, the Goldendale stage will also be the site for the awards banquet. More details will be available on the Experience Goldendale website and oregontrailrally.com as they're announced.
• Goldendale Home, Garden & Sportsman's Show. We're gearing up for more sportsman's exhibits, home improvement, landscaping, and local contractors, plus additional food vendors than in prior years. Get ready for great food, drawings, giveaways, new speakers, and unique workshops to help you get the best of outdoor living, home improvement, and this sportsman's paradise. Registration is open for the 2017 show and open booth spaces are selling fast. Call the Chamber of Commerce at 509.773.3400
• Gorge Artists Open Studios Tour Forty Gorge artists will open their studios to the public in 2017, sharing their art, thoughts and process with you. See where Gorge artists work and what inspires them. For more information please contact Joana Kaufman 509.637.6304 or Leah Hedburg 541.387.5571.
• Dog Days at Maryhill Winery Begins Bring your best four-legged friend to Maryhill and receive a complimentary tasting. (Just bring your leash!) Throw a Frisbee for Fido and romp and play. Top off the day with a glass of wine on our beautiful terrace. Check out our calendar for the best weekends. Don't forget, we are dog-friendly all year long!