The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

April 25, 2012

 


25 Years Ago – April 23, 1987

• Volunteers of the Klickitat County Historical Society are working ‘round the antique clock in preparation for the Presby Mansion Museum’s opening on May 1. New pieces to the museum include two impressive cedar-root Indian baskets and beadwork given by Bill Ownby; miniature toy and an ancient desk phone from Griselda Hill; and rag rugs from Wayne and Katherine Eshelman.

(Although the above former members and donors are no longer with us, we have memories of them. In 2012, we are also opening on May 1, the hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., all seven days of the week. This year is the 50th anniversary of the Presby House Museum. Many events have been plann...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018