The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

June 27, 2012

 


25 years ago – June 25, 1987

• The Goldendale Federated Women’s Association celebrated its 75th anniversary this year. Women organized the association at the Methodist church during the afternoon of June 10, 1912 to form a “permanent organization for the uplift of Goldendale.” Their sole and flagship project was to secure a permanent library facility for Goldendale.

In 1913, club members purchased the lots where the library now stands at a cost of $800. The Carnegie foundation would donate money for library construction only after property for the facility was in hand.

50 years ago – June 21, 1962

• A retirement party was given for Helen Imrie June 1 at the Goodnoe Hills s...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018