The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

May 1, 2013

 


50 Years Ago – May 2, 1963

• Plans for a new drive-in café on the perimeter of Goldendale moved rapidly ahead this week, with issuance of a county building permit to the new owner of the property, Bob D. Hall of Sunnyside.

The drive-in will be built by L.A. Kraft, contractor, on two lots adjacent to the East Side Café building, at the east edge of Goldendale on Highway 9*7. Hall purchased the property from Fred P. and Leslie Stone.

(This became the Hum-Dinger Drive In)

75 Years Ago – April 23, 1938

• A handful of home made musket balls, probably molded by some long forgotten Klickitat Valley pionner, were found buried under two feet of earth in a wheat field on the Arie VanAe...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/10/2018 23:05