The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

July 3, 2013

 


50 Years Ago – July 4, 1963

• Dr. Wm. H. West, who on July 3, started his 42 year of dental practice in Goldendale. Dr. West began his practice July 3, 1922, following training at the North Pacific College of Dentistry, now the U. of O. Dental School, in Portland. While going to school he worked part time behind the counter at the cigar store in the lobby of the old Oregonian building. [Today his dental chair is on display in the annex at the Presby House Museum.]

75 Years Ago – June 30, 1938

• J. W. Gray, present county treasurer-assessor, today announced he would file for the office of assessor for the coming election. Under the change in law separating the treasurer’s of...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018