The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

January 29, 2014

 


50 Years Ago – January 30, 1964

• Plans of Main Street retail merchants for a lighted advertising sign, to be mounted across Columbia Ave. at the Main Street intersection, were explained to the Goldendale C of C members. The sign received a bid of $4,200, Arvo Niemi announced, and would be eligible for federal matching funds as a part of the program for new street lights on the Highway 97 route through town. Committee of Jerry Sletten, Carmen Delibero and Niemi were canvassing merchants to see how much could be pledged against the remaining $2,100 cost. The sign would be mounted on two street posts, located in the center of the crosswalks with a clearance of 16 feet. Proposed adve...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018