The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

March 12, 2014

 


50 Years Ago – March 12, 1964

• A chance to ride on the last run of a shay logging locomotive powered train will be given to the public on April 4. The St. Regis Paper Company at Klickitat and the Puget Sound Railway Historical Association will sponsor an excursion trip over the 18 mile railroad used by the company to supply its logs to the sawmill at Klickitat. The rail route follows the bottom of the Klickitat River Canyon.

75 Years Ago – March 16, 1939

• Klickitat County’s marriage license trade will undoubtedly be seriously curtailed after May 1, by the enactment of a state three day marriage law. This law provides the filing of notice of intention to marry three days...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018