The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

April 9, 2014

 


50 Years Ago – April 9, 1964

• An open house and dedication ceremony honoring the completion of the new high school building of District 402 is being planned by the members of the Klickitat school board. School District 402 was first organized as District 91 in 1911. The first part of the present school building was built in 1920, the high school building was added in 1927 and the gym was constructed in 1935. The previous District 91 was consolidated into District 402 in 1942. This new building marks the first one built for actual classrooms since 1927.

75 Years Ago – April 13, 1939

• Two of the many old barns found about Goldendale have been torn down recently. One of th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/04/2018 21:00