The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

April 16, 2014

 


50 Years Ago – April 16, 1964

The Dig and Dream Garden club members planted shrubs around the Klickitat County Historical Society’s Museum as part of their yard beautification project. The club financing the project through the grant they received from the Sears Foundation for their work in the Oregon Federated Garden Club Community Improvement contest last year. Members who worked on the museum’s landscape project are Mrs. Wm. West, Mrs. Harry Moore, Mrs. H. W. Freer, Mrs. Russell Woodward, Mrs. Doug Ledbetter, Mrs. Bud Counts, Mrs. Ernest Counts, Mrs. Ira Brokaw and Mrs. Chuck Whyte. In addition to the members, the following husbands were pressed into service: Ira Brokaw, Ha...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018