The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Looking Back

June 4, 2014

 


50 Years Ago - June 4, 1964

• The Sam Hill Memorial Bridge will be officially dedicated by that name on June 19. Governor Rosellini will affix a plaque, bearing Hill’s profile cast in bronze, to the bridge. The bridge was built under the original Highway Dept. designation, “Biggs Rapid Bridge.” The dedication will change that to honor the Maryhill pioneer, who was founder and first president of the Washington Good Roads Association. The bridge cost $3.5 million, and was opened to traffic in November, 1962.

75 Years Ago - June 8, 1939

• One of Klickitat Counties largest and most important industries, the manufacture of wooden boxes is being recognized this week. In conj...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018