The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Jean Allyn Smeltzer
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


50 Years Ago - July 30, 1964

Forty boys and girls were taken on an inspection tour of the John Day Dam as part of the city recreation program. After inspecting the dam and its various phases of construction, the group visited the Stonehenge. The youngsters were accompanied by Lowell Erland, city recreation director, Mrs. Shirley Malcom and Gayle Brokaw.

75 Years Ago - July 27, 1939

Proof that no certain section of Washington has a corner on petrified wood, T. F. Smart, proprietor of the Idlewild Service Station on Satus pass this week completed a petrified fountain. The fountain, made of cement and fed by water from a pure Simcoe spring, is completed covered with small pieces of petri...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/15/2018 22:39