The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Jean Allyn Smeltzer
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

November 4, 2015

 


50 Years Ago - November 4, 1965

• The annual “Make it Your-self With Wool” style review was held at the Woman’s Association building Saturday, Oct. 30. Marilyn Willis and Marcia Hamm won trips to participate in the state “Make it Yourself With Wool” contest on Saturday, Nov. 6.

75 Years Ago - November 7, 1940

• County voters by an overwhelming margin endorsed the construction of a new Klickitat County courthouse in Tuesday’s general election. Cost of the building will be borne by the issue of general obligation bonds. It is estimated a new courthouse building would cost about $100,000. The county has approximately half this amount of money available at the present time, officials say.

100 Years Ago - October 29, 1915

• County School Superintendent Mabel H. Hinshaw, announces that the Teachers’ Examinations will be held at the courthouse at Goldendale on Nov. 4, 5 and 6, 1915.

125 Years Ago - November 6, 1890

• The election board for Goldendale precinct was as follows: T. L. Masters inspector; D. D. McFall and O. D. Sturgess judges; D. Beckett and W. F. Flanary clerks; Fred Bowers and Sam’L Lear were appointed special policemen to guard the entrance to the polls. The Australian ballot system was in vogue at this election for the first time and it seems to give satisfaction.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 04/15/2018 19:00