The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Jean Allyn Smeltzer
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


Looking Back

November 25, 2015

50 Years Ago - November 25, 1965

• The Goldendale Fire Department was called to the Wm. Trowbridge residence on the corner of South Columbus and West D Street, about 2:30 Monday afternoon. Mrs. Trowbridge had been soaking clothes in gasoline, then placed them in the washing machine, causing the gasoline in the clothes to explode. The explosion blew out two windows in the back porch, one in the bathroom, one in the living room, and it also blew out the ceiling in the laundry room. Mrs. Trowbridge was treated at the Klickitat Valley Hospital by Dr. Gerard Timmer for severely burned arms, hands, feet and burns on the face.

75 Years Ago - Novembe...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018