The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Jean Allyn Smeltzer
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


25 Years Ago - May 23, 1991

Work crews lifted and carried layers of sod to cover the GHS baseball practice field. The sod was unearthed from the former vo-ag building. The installation marks a cooperative effort between the city and the school to improve the grounds while saving money. The field, located just west of the high school, was originally built by funds from the Martin Marietta Corporation. It is currently used by the baseball team's junior varsity for practices and has always had an all dirt infield.

50 Years Ago - May 26, 1966

Goldendale Barracks of WWI veteran's will be asked to assist following Memorial Day services at 1 p.m. at Stonehenge War Memorial. State Sen...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018