The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

Blow it up, clean it up: getting rid of your fireworks

 


State Fire Marshal Charles P. LeBlanc reminds residents that “if you blow it up, clean it up.”

Used fireworks can leave behind a great deal of debris. Proper cleanup of firework debris can help reduce the risk of an injury or fire from happening. If you have unused consumer fireworks, it is best to discharge the remaining fireworks during the legal discharge dates for your community.

The following are suggested tips for proper disposal:

Used fireworks:

• Clean up all fireworks debris.

• Submerge used fireworks in a bucket of water and soak for fifteen minutes to ensure they are cooled down and there are no smoldering embers that can start a fire.

• Do...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018