September 15, 2022, Fundraiser Dinner: 6:00 p.m. 207 S. Klickitat Ave, Fathers House, Goldendale. Fundraiser dinner for the work team going to work on building the school Father’s House is sponsoring in Oaxaca, Mexico.
September 17, 2022, Poker Run Fundraiser for New Hope Farms: Registration starts at 9 a.m., 205 S Columbus, County Courthouse parking lot, Goldendale. ANY DONATIONS ABOVE THE COST OF ENTRY WILL GO TO NEW HOPE FARMS. Equal Opportunity Poker Run: In addition to motorcycles, cars are invited! All monies will be split between the pot and New Hope Farms. $10.00 Entry, $5.00 for additional tickets. High/Lo winners split the pot 60/40. Call Travis Herseim at 503-367-8195 if you have questions.
September 17, 2022, Global Missionaries David and Rhonda Ackerman: 6:30 p.m. Goldendale Church of the Nazarene. Come hear the story of the Ackermans as they talk about their time as missionaries and their life of service around the world. Everyone is invited.
September 17, 2022, Soroptimist Fall Plant Sale: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Corner of West Main Street and Columbus, Downtown Goldendale. Annuals, perennials and house plants, all at great prices! Plant donations needed, call 509-250-3746 for digging, or pickup, or you can drop them off at the sale location by 8 a.m. Saturday. All Proceeds go to support local programs to improve the lives of local women and girls.
September 17, 2022, Spaghetti Feed Fundraiser: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Centerville Grange. Come support Sheriff Songer in his re-election campaign, by donation only guest speakers Gina Mosbrucker and Dave West.
September 19, 2022, Circus Funtastic: 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 – 9:00 p.m., Klickitat County Fairgrounds, Goldendale. Embark on a journey as you are amazed by our SUPERPOWER performances! Suspense will rise and jaws will drop as you watch our soaring acrobats and lighting fast jugglers, laugh along with our hilarious performing clowns, see the magic of our real-life transformer and much, MUCH more! You won't want to miss our all new, exciting 2022 show! General Adult 12 & up $15, kids 2 – 11 $5, children under 2 are free. Visit Universe.com and search for Goldendale for information and tickets.
September 20, 2022, American Red Cross Blood Drive: 12:30 – 5:45 p.m., American Legion Goldendale. Call or text Nadine for an appointment 509-439-2011.
September 21, 2022, Pinochle Party: 2:00 p.m. Centerville Grange. Everyone welcome, beginners table available.
September 29 – October 3, 2022, 1230 Escape FallOUT: 1230 Horseshoe Bend Rd, Horseshoe Bend Ranch, Centerville. Come experience the Community, The Festival, The Art and Music, The Burns, and all the things that are our community! Visit escapefallout.com for information and tickets.
October 1, 2022 – 23rd Annual Concours de Maryhill Car Show: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. 35 Maryhill Museum Drive, Goldendale
Open car show, all makes, models and years are welcome. There will be a silent auction as well as raffle prizes. The vintage race car display will be noon – 2 p.m., the historic Maryhill Loops Road will be open to the public from noon – 2 p.m. as well. Visit www.maryhillmuseum.org/events/car-is-king-weekend for more information.
October 2, 2022 Maryhill Loops Vintage Hill Climb: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Maryhill Loops Road, Goldendale. The most historic event on the Pacific Northwest motor racing calendar is this re-creation of the Maryhill Hillclimb, with vintage sports cars from the 1930s to 1960s racing singly in a three-mile timed climb up the historic Maryhill Loops Road. First held in 1955, it has seen top international drivers and cars as diverse as Ferraris, vintage Bentleys, Model-T racers, and formula B cars. The Hillclimb now sees a diverse group of cars, motorcycles, and karts even. It’s a unique experience for any motorsports enthusiast, as very few hillclimb events are still available anywhere in the world. Spectators may view the race from the Highway 97 Overlook and from designated viewpoints along the route. Contact Starke Shelby at 206-230-0203. or starke@nwinsctr-mi.
October 7, 2022, Dallesport Community Council Candidates Night: 6:30 p.m. 136 6th Ave, Dallesport Community Center. Candidates will be given an opportunity to introduce themselves and let the community know what they can offer if elected. Voters will be given the opportunity to ask questions of the candidates. Forum is sponsored by the Dallesport Community Council and all local candidates have been invited.
October 8, 2022, Fall Bazaar: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Glenwood School, 320 Bunnel St. Come do you holiday shopping early, Glenwood Homemakers will be service breakfast and lunch items. For vendor information contact Marlis Dewey firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds go to Glenwood School Educational Projects.
October 12, 2022, Candidates Night: 6:30 p.m Centerville Grange. Everyone is invited to attend.
WEEKLY AND MONTHLY EVENTS
Sunday and Monday
- Breakfast at the Legion: Sunday 8-noon, Monday 7-11
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Goldendale United Methodist Church, 7-8 p.m.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Zumba Classes – Soul 2 Soul Health Center 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Programs for Peaceful Living Domestic Violence Victim support group via zoom Mondays 10 a.m. 509-773-6100 or 509-493-1533.
- The Coalition for Preventing Abuse in Klickitat County (CPAKC) 4 p.m. every 2nd Monday via Zoom. 509-773-3776 or CPAKC on Facebook.
- Yoga Zoom meeting 6-7:30 p.m. Jill Kieffer RN Instructor call to pre-register (541) 490-3704
- Goldendale City Council meetings 7 p.m. 1103 S Columbus 1st and 3rd Monday of every month except on holidays.
- Book Discussion Group meets every third Monday at 11 a.m. – Goldendale Library
- Board of County Commissioners meeting every Tuesday Klickitat County Courthouse, 205 S Columbus Goldendale. Visit https://www.klickitatcounty.org/643/Board-of-County-Commissioners for information, agenda, and link for Zoom meeting
- TOPS Club Inc – Taking Pounds off Sensibly 10 a.m. American Legion. Questions? Sallyemail@example.com
- Goldendale Junior Community Chamber 7 p.m. 2nd Tuesday of every month at Umpqua Bank. Call 509-250-0625
- Goldendale Photo Club 2nd Tuesday of Every month 105 West Main 6 p.m. Jeanne Morgan 10-5 M-F at 509-772-2717
- KC Fair Board Meetings 1st Tuesday of the month is a Workshop, 3rd Tuesday of the month is a Board Meeting.
- Lyle Community Council Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30, Lyle Activity Center (308 Klickitat). Meetings also available via Zoom https://lylewa.com/about-us
- Farmers Market, White Salmon 4 – 7 p.m. every week
- Kiwanis 7 a.m. Simcoe Café 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Gorge Farmers Co-op Pickup 4 – 6 p.m. Columbia Grange 87, Lyle
- Beginning Quilt class 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. call 3C’s Fabric to sign up 509-261-2815
- Pinochle at the Centerville Grange – 3rd Wednesday of every Month - CANCELED for August.
- Bingo - Goldendale American Legion Thursdays - card packets go on sale 6:30 p.m. game starts 7 p.m. Food available
- Bingo - High Prairie Community Center, 2nd Thursday of every month.
- Soroptimist International of Goldendale business meeting 6 p.m., 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month. Dedicated to helping women and youth in our community and worldwide. All welcome, call 509-250-3746 for the location and more information.
- Beginning Quilt Class 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. call 3C’s Fabric to sign up 509-261-2815
- Lyle Lions Pancake Breakfast 1st Saturday of every month 7 a.m. -10 a.m. Omelets and ham and eggs cooked to order. Endless Pancakes. Location: Lyle Lions Community Center 5th & State Street (Hwy 14).
- Columbia Grange meets the 2nd Saturday of every month.
- 3rd Saturday Dinners – Bavarian Deli 5 – 7 p.m. Local Beef brisket $25
Are you having an event, class, show, get together, or meeting you’d like the community to know about? Email us! Events@GoldendaleSentinel.com. This Calendar of Events listing is FREE!
In need of an eye-catching display ad? Email us at ads@GoldendaleSentinel.com, our friendly, helpful staff would love to help you find an advertising package that works for your needs and fits your budget!