The City of Goldendale Fire Department reports they were paged to a structure fire near the corner of King Street and North East 3rd Street around 5:35 a.m., Thanksgiving morning. The initial report advised responders that there was a possibility that the trailer was occupied, so Rural 7 Fire, Goldendale Medic and Klickitat PUD’s assistance was requested.

The fire was quickly extinguished, and it appears that the structure was vacant.

“We dread any fire calls where injuries or people’s lives are in jeopardy,” Said Chief Noah Halm. He would like to remind citizens to be sure their smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are in working order, and to never plug space heaters into power strips. Says Halm: “Fire crews have already responded to multiple electrical fires as a result of heaters being plugged into extension cords or power strips.”

Additionally, GFD would like to extend their gratitude to the Ponderosa Motel for delivering breakfast to firefighters on scene.