The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

How to file an assessment appeal


State law requires the Assessor to value all taxable property at 100 percent of its true and fair market value. The property owner responsible for payment of taxes has the right to petition the County Board of Equalization for a change in the assessed valuation placed upon their property by the County Assessor.

Appeals must be made on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, which are available from the office of Crystal McEwen, Clerk of the Board for the Klickitat County Board of Equalization, or can be found at

The taxpayer must file a complete appeal petition form with the Klickitat County Board of Equalization by July 1 of the curr...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 12/02/2019 07:58