The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Andrew Christiansen

Cause of fatal fire was wiring


A father and his two children died in a house fire in Goldendale, Dec. 3. Thomas Blakely, 34, Thomas “TJ” Blakely, 5, and Kyra Blakely, 7, died from smoke inhalation at their home on 608 N. Mill Street.

A neighbor called 9-1-1 at 2:22 a.m. Police and Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office responded and found the east half of the house engulfed in fire. The officers were unsuccessful at kicking in the south door but did break through the front door, finding the house filled with dense smoke.

The children’s mother, Jaclyn Catlett, was away from the home at the time of the fire and arrived shortly after the police. Catlett told police that the heat pump had not been working in the home an...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 04/01/2020 17:13