By Jean Allyn Smeltzer
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

August 5, 2015


50 Years Ago - August 5, 1965

The Klickitat County commissioners stated they will be taking bids for two bridge structures that were washed out last winter on the Klickitat River. The bids are for concrete piers, steel frames, and wood decks with alternate bids on a reinforced concrete structure. Bids will also be taken for the road between the two bridges.

75 Years Ago - August 1, 1940

Four Klickitat County horses are in the Army now following the special U. S. Cavalry inspection held at the Joe Yeackel ranch last Saturday. Of the group 10 horses presented for examination Major F. W. Koester, remount service officer, selected four. The four horses selected brought a top price of...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 02/16/2020 10:32