The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Larry Jose

Where's the reciprocity?


To the Editor:

A disabled Washington State veteran, rated at 30 percent disability or greater, can apply to the state and receive a veteran’s park pass granting free access to State Park venues. The veteran can then apply to the state of Oregon and receive a free pass to their State Park venues, based on his Washington Veterans card.

Here’s the problem: the State of Washington does not recognize Oregon’s veterans with the same disabilities and does not issue them a similar pass to Washington parks, as Oregon does for Washington residents.

I have contacted Rep. McCabe’s office on this issue several times over the last six months, asking for an explanation or for legislation to corr...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019