The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

County producers urged to consider risk protection coverage before deadlines


September 27, 2017

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Tomy Gertsch in Klickitat County reminds producers to review available USDA crop risk protection options, including federal crop insurance and Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) coverage, before the fall-seeded crop deadline of December 15, 2017.

Federal crop insurance covers crop losses from natural adversities, such as drought, hail and excessive moisture. NAP covers losses from natural disasters on crops for which no permanent federal crop insurance program is available, including forage and grazing crops, fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, floriculture, ornamental nursery, aquaculture, turf g...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 06/19/2019 11:51