The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Museum 

Looking Back


May 16, 1889

The contract for the new hotel in Goldendale has been let to Mr. James Wheelhouse of Columbus. Excavating for the new hotel has already commenced, and the dirt is being used with which to grade Columbus Avenue south of Main Street. (This contract was for the Central Hotel. It was later replaced by the Hall Hotel. The Hall Hotel was demolished to provide extra parking for the court house staff.)

March 27, 1919

Centerville has a bond election coming up in two weeks, at which time the voters in Consolidated District No. 10 will decide on the matter of bonding that district for $30,000. to erect a new modern brick school building. At present the school is being held in three b...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019