The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Museum 

Looking Back

 

September 12, 2018



September 5, 1918

A report shows 27 schools in the county are short teachers for the year. Too many educators have answered the call to service.

September 3, 1925

The corporation that recently took over the stock of “The Bridge of the Gods” has let the contract for the construction of the bridge to the Union Bridge Company of Portland, and within five weeks the work will start, it was stated. The bridge will span the Columbia River at the narrows just below Cascade Locks. It will be 20 feet wide, except in the center, where the plans call for a width of 40 feet to allow people to view the rapids and mountains with prefect safety. The span will be 160 feet high in the center, of cant...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018