By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Museum 

Looking Back


December 26, 2018

October 31, 1889 - 129 years ago

The new post office that has recently been established in this county at the residence of Robert Jones, on the Camas Prairie road, is called Canyon, and makes it possible now to get a continuation of the route to Camas Prairie whereby those people may get their mail several days earlier each week. (The name refers to Klickitat Canyon)

December 14, 1893 – 125 ears ago

The “grippe” is very prevalent in this neighborhood. Every second person one meets either had it, has it or is going to have it. There are no serious cases that we know of with the exception of Charles Chapman, who is so low that doubts are entertained of his recovery. The Sentinel...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020