The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Museum 

Looking Back


February 13, 2019

January 29, 1926 - 93 Years Ago

Names significant of early history of the mid-Columbia river district will be adopted for two stations on the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway in Klickitat County, and a memorial will also be erected near the present station of Fallbridge in memory of discoverers and pioneers of the Columbia River territory. The name changes were announced by W. E. Turner, president of the S. P, and S., and who announced the erection of a basalt slab memorial. Under the name changes, Fallbridge will become Wisham, and the station just west of Fallbridge, now called

Speedis, will be changed to Spearfish. (Wisham was the Indian dialect – Railroad executives added th...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/08/2020 14:40