By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


November 13, 1909 – 110 Years Ago

N.B. Brooks purchased a tract of land 33 feet wide by 83 feet deep, on Main Street to erect a brick building for the Star Theater. [Throughout its days (until 1972), the Star Theater was located in the same building, on the north side of Main Street in the middle of the block between Grant and Golden Streets. That property was sold in 1972 to make way for the west parking lot of the Rainer Bank (now Umpqua Bank). The theater was then moved a block east to the remodeled Gillenwaters building (now The McCredy Company)

March 10, 1910 – 109 Years Ago

S. Waters Department Store – The best medium-priced corsets made are those bearing the trademark...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/17/2019 21:46