The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


July 6, 1904 - 115 Years Ago

A three-year lease with a bond for a deed has been executed by the trustees of the Klickitat Academy, surrendering the property of that institution to the directors of school district No. 7 to be used by them as a high school. This ends Klickitat Academy as a private institution and begins its career as a public institution. The course of study will be slightly abridged to meet the requirements of the state course for high schools

June 26, 1919 – 100 Years Ago

Work will start on the new Ledbetter & Wallace warehouse and display rooms for machinery, the latter part of the week. The lots have been entirely cleared and the rock crusher has been set up read...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 08/17/2019 10:43