The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Compiled by Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 

October 16, 2019



September 16, 1916 – 103 Years Ago

Marshall Burgen and his assistants are moving the hitching racks from the old location north of the Post Office, to the lots across the street from The Sentinel office, on Court and Grant Streets. Hitching racks are a necessity in every town, and the location near the central part of the business section is desired. They were removed on account of a complaint by the health and postal departments. There is no reason why the lots cannot be kept in a sanitary condition. Precautions should be made by spraying with suitable solution to kill flies and prevent the hatching of their eggs; also, to keep the premises from becoming offensive.

October 10, 1940...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019