The Goldendale Sentinel - Headlines & History since 1879

By Richard Lefever
Klickitat County Historical Society 

Looking Back

 


February 22, 1895 – 125 Years Ago - The Washington Standard, Olympia, Washington

The idea of locating a state capital at a way station with the outlandish name of Puyallup is simply absurd. Most tenderfeet, in an effort to acquire its pronunciation, call it “Polly-waup” for short.

April 29, 1905 – Agriculturist

U.F. Abshier and Wm. Niva, Centerville, have staked out the site for a 64 x 100-foot warehouse about 150 feet West of the Klickitat warehouse and will begin construction immediately. It will be an independent concern, where farmers or others may store their wheat and other crops. Mr. Absheir and Mr. Niva will buy grain, but farmers may store in their warehouse and s...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019